Companies Editor's Picks Market News Technology

Coinbase Executive Unveils ChatGPT’s Crypto Predictions for 2035

Coinbase Executive Unveils ChatGPT's Crypto Predictions for 2035

Coinbase’s Head of Business Operations, Conor Grogan, unveiled a series of cryptocurrency predictions made by artificial intelligence tool ChatGPT on April 30, claiming to have discovered a “jailbreak”.

Grogan maintained that ChatGPT can calculate the probability of crypto price scenarios. On April 30, Grogan shared a screenshot showing ChatGPT’s predictions, which include a 15% chance of Bitcoin becoming irrelevant and witnessing a 99.99% price drop by 2035.

Coinbase Executive Unveils ChatGPT's inner workings.

However, the AI tool assigned a 20% probability to Ethereum (ETH) becoming irrelevant with near-zero price levels by 2035. Litecoin and Dogecoin were assigned probabilities of 35% and 45% respectively, for their prices to drop to near zero. 

Grogan concluded that ChatGPT is generally a fan of Bitcoin but remains more skeptical about altcoins.

Meanwhile, Grogan reiterated the fact that he repeatedly tested the process over 100 times on GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 with wiped memory, resulting in very consistent numbers and the same results.

It should be noted that this is not Grogan’s first time experimenting with crypto-related issues using ChatGPT. 

Grogan’s Earlier Experiment with ChatGPT

Earlier on March 15, Conor Grogan demonstrated how GPT-4, the latest version of ChatGPT, could identify security vulnerabilities in Ethereum smart contracts and provide outlines for exploiting faulty contracts.

He further stated that OpenAI, the team behind ChatGPT, has conducted studies showing that GPT-4 can pass high school tests and law school exams with scores in the 90th percentile. 

Amid the increasing adoption of the artificial intelligence tool, some countries have imposed an outright ban on ChatGPT. For instance, the Italian authorities have imposed a ban on the AI due to privacy concerns. 

More than any other time, the benefits of the AI tool should be applied in addressing crypto hacks and scams such as security measures, rigorous auditing, and a proactive approach to surmounting vulnerabilities in the crypto space

This will likely restore sanity and confidence in the cryptocurrency space in general.

Related posts

Bitzlato Turns the Tide: Users Can Now Access Funds

Jai Hamid

Thailand finance ministry proposes increased crypto taxes

Afroz Ahmad

Bitcoin Falls to 2-Year Low, Analysts Predict Further Decline

Joseph Alalade